Why become a member? ×

1983 Fender Jazz USA. £800 (SOLD)

Pestie

Here is my 1983 Fender Jazz USA. It is all original and in stunning black with the original nicely aged white plastic pick up covers and scratch plate. It is in excellent condition with a few minor scuffs and marks but nothing serious at all. It plays really nicely with a low action and all of the jazz sounds you want. As you see it has a lovely maple board and neck. There are a couple of light indentations in the neck but nothing has gone through the lacquer and you can hardly see or feel them. The bass has an old extremely heavy and well made flight case to protect it.

I would like[b] £800 [/b]for it please. It is really nice but to be honest I prefer Precisions.

I live in Oxfordshire and you are welcome to come and try it out.

Thanks for looking.

Mike[attachment=126862:005.JPG][attachment=126863:006.JPG]

Edited by Pestie

I have one of these and it's a great bass. This is from the time when Fender brought in several innovations to their basses such as biflex trussrod, beefed up bridge, new style machine heads. Quality improved, too. Best of luck with the sale - it's a real bargain at this price!

Hello again

Just weighed the bass on bathroom scales. It came in at exactly 4kg, which is really a very nice weight. I have checked on Interparcel and there are two quotes without added insurance. They are:

£57.00 Next day delivery
£22.80 2-5 day delivery

These are only insured to the value of £50 so there will be an additional charge for insurance up to the value of the bass but I couldn't find that out without booking it. I would say another £20-£30 for the correct insurance but am not exactly sure.

What is your name please?

kind regards

Mike

Sorry, I thought I had stuck to the rules. 11.58 Sunday morning and then today. Isn't that more than 36 hours?

Anyway, it's nice to get a polite reminder from the Toon. I was born in Darlington, my Mam and her family were all from Shields and Hebburn.

best wishes

Mike :rolleyes:

Hello All

Just wanted to add that I may be interested in a short scale bass of equivalent condition and value as a trade. Or a trade with some cash my way if that is how it worked. So if you have anything that fits the bill please pm me.

Thanks

Mike :D

• 4 weeks later...