Why become a member? ×

Basic Advice for dummies - like me...

redbandit599

Hi all

Just got myself a nice little Zoom H2n, which seems to be ideal for what I need (just recording practices really.) Never had any sort of recording device before (well since my WH Smith cassette recorder when I was 10, I'm 44 now you know..)

Now, I'm not thick, but neither do I pick up fancy computer interfaces 'intuitively'. The Zoom came with some Wavelab software and I'd hoped that this would enable me to easily chop down the files into song sized chunks, maybe convert it to MP3 (the Zoom can do this too) and then just let me bung out files to the band. That's about it really, not bothered with processing it at all.

Well, I can't even work out how to fast forward through tracks with this Wavelab software. I'm the sort of guy who needs the 'quick start' manual and nothing more, can't even find anything like that.

Sorry as I'm sure this has been asked loads of times, but any suggestions welcome.

Cheers all, feeling a bit useless!

Jason

^ +1; even I can use Wavosaur, and they don't get much 'dumber' than that..! Try it, there's no risk, and see how you get on. Report back here with a 14-page review and an account of your experience, before 9 o'clock this evening. Well..? What are you waiting for..? Get going, you don't have much time left...

([i]Darned fellow.! Comes here, asking for advice and all, then stands about gawping at the screen with his jaw dropped like he was hung from a gibbet. No 'get up and go', these young whipper-snappers of modern days. What's the world coming to, I ask you..? Now, when I was a lad[/i]...) Fades to black...