Why become a member? ×

Bass player wanted - West Midlands

erictheweary

Hi.

Basschat gets referenced quite a bit on, err, another forum I go on so have used the same forum name as on there ( in a weird belief that will give me some sort of credibility on here).

Anyhoo...

Our bass player is unwell but we do want to get our act together again so looking for a new bassist. However, we don't want to kick him whilst he is down so this is to replace him whilst he gets better. That will now be months, probably 6 months at least, so looking for someone to cover that with the option to stay as long as the band is together if he doesn't come back.

This is a ska/two tone band, generally described as a bit rockier/punkier than the other ska bands on the circuit. 6 of us, aged 30 to 50, one lone female at the moment on keys. Rehearsals are usually central Birmingham on Monday evening, we usually do a couple of paid pub gigs a month (£50 to £100 each).We have gigs lined up.

Backing vocals an advantage. You will need to learn a full set fairly quickly but we aren't short of 3 chord songs, so it's not rocket science.Possession of a pork pie, trilby or similar hat also an advantage but not essential.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd_Qha0FFUU[/media]

Cheers

Eric/Philip

Edited by erictheweary

[quote name='lettsguitars' timestamp='1359415212' post='1954565']
Spam on the way mate. Cheers ;)
[/quote]

I'll take that as a kindly warning (unless you have just tried to sell me a method to extend my penis - and I am quite tempted...) so have found the messaging service on here if anyone is interested in the band.

Sorry to hear about your current bass player. :(

Your band looks great and would be just the kind of thing I'd like to get involved with eventually. Probably a bit too soon for me now though as I'm still a bit of a newb (2 years exp.) Even so I would have been tempted to throw my hat in the ring, but my current band rehearses Mondays and I don't think I could explain away an unexplained absence.

Anyway, good luck with the search and I'll look out for your band at a gig near me in future! :)

I wouldn't mind throwing my hat into the ring :D
I'm in a couple of bands and based in stourbridge, although all my bands rehearse in brum ;) (Rock Tribute & Function). Been playing bass for quite a few years and have gigging experience.
I have excellent amps (2 set ups dependant on size of venue) and 3 basses (for different tunings if required)
my number is (07986) 947711.
www.danny-tristram.co.uk

Hope to hear from you soon

Danny Tristram

[quote name='seashell' timestamp='1359560730' post='1956668']
Sorry to hear about your current bass player. :(

Your band looks great and would be just the kind of thing I'd like to get involved with eventually. Probably a bit too soon for me now though as I'm still a bit of a newb (2 years exp.) Even so I would have been tempted to throw my hat in the ring, but my current band rehearses Mondays and I don't think I could explain away an unexplained absence.

Anyway, good luck with the search and I'll look out for your band at a gig near me in future! :)
[/quote]

Cheers. We're always after audience members as well!

[quote name='dannyt144' timestamp='1359642942' post='1958122']
I wouldn't mind throwing my hat into the ring :D
I'm in a couple of bands and based in stourbridge, although all my bands rehearse in brum ;) (Rock Tribute & Function). Been playing bass for quite a few years and have gigging experience.
I have excellent amps (2 set ups dependant on size of venue) and 3 basses (for different tunings if required)
my number is (07986) 947711.
www.danny-tristram.co.uk

Hope to hear from you soon

Danny Tristram
[/quote]

Thanks Danny. Just down the road from me ( sunny Halesowen) but looking like we are sorted for the moment.

Had some great responses folks, cheers. :)