Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Sandberg California JJ 5 string

Jazzjames

Dear all,

I would like to sell my Sandberg California JJ 5 string.

Handmade in Germany

34" scale

22 frets

6 Bolt on neck

maple board

active/passive glockenlang preamp

The preamp is pretty much the same as the passive sound when flat, but if you roll up that bass knob, you get a whole load of low end!

They don't make this exact bass anymore but I assume (anyone know?) that the dimensions are probably the same as the 5 string jazz basses Sandberg make now.

I bought it from the Bass Centre, London in 2008.

It has been my main bass since then, and has a couple of small dings in the body, and one on the neck just back from the 3rd fret of the A string. This does not affect playing at all, and you can barely see it, as the string blocks it from view. See pictures. The screws on the pick guard are starting to rust a little bit. The neck joint screws are also rusting, but I've never had the neck off, so they're perfect. A bit of cleaner would probably sort them out.

I changed out the Delano big pole piece pickups it originally came with, and put in a pair of hand made bill lawrence pickups that I got on here, so it sounds a bit closer to a jazz bass than most other Sandbergs do.

I can't really post it, but I drive so if you pay my mileage I can meet you. Probably best to come and try though...

It is currently strung with R Cocco nickel strings from bass direct.

It's a really great bass, and I'll be sorry to see it go, but I'm just not using it so much anymore, as I'm mostly playing a precision and double bass nowadays.

Was £750... now ** £725 ovno ** Priced for quick sale.

Thanks for reading,

SOLD

Edited by Jazzjames

Sorry I only just saw your comment. No idea of actual weight. It is a bit on the heavy side, but jazz type basses usually are. With a wide strap I've never found it to be a problem for my back, and I'm a little guy. The sustain and low end depth it has is awesome for the dense wood though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd love to make you an offer. I've been trying to do that over a month, but i don't think it will work out unless you would consider to start answering private messages.

Cheers.