Why become a member? ×

considering going back to valves

0175westwood29

There are lots of fixes for the terror bass' slight problems, but the solid 500 watt at 4 or 8 ohm is more than enough to make up for it. You also need a solid cab to get the most out of a valve amp. But depends how you will use it and for what.
You can always keep what you have and add more preamp valves to your signal chain, which I find alwaus helps in getting a more 'valvey' sound.
The hot DI is awful, but you can always have a DI pedal on your board too.

You can get some funds if you p/x that modulus to me.

[quote name='Prime_BASS' timestamp='1359155270' post='1951051']
There are lots of fixes for the terror bass' slight problems, but the solid 500 watt at 4 or 8 ohm is more than enough to make up for it. You also need a solid cab to get the most out of a valve amp. But depends how you will use it and for what.
You can always keep what you have and add more preamp valves to your signal chain, which I find alwaus helps in getting a more 'valvey' sound.
The hot DI is awful, but you can always have a DI pedal on your board too.

You can get some funds if you p/x that modulus to me.
[/quote]

haha not a chance! thats the one thing that i wnt sell, im thinking my hartke 115 will sound very nice with a valve head and its got a nice 500w rating so can def take the power,

not really wanting to buy an extra di pedal or distortion boxes as im happy with the headlite but just fancy having a full valve amp back in my life.

really interested in what the thunderverb 200 would sound like on bass through the two channel thing looks cool, and actually sounds as if it would be usefull as its kinda got the aural enhancer on the second channel, which i like from the headlite!

not to sure on the mesa? every mesa head ive heard played has not been to my liking!?

andy