Why become a member? ×

The Bongo Thread - Conclusion and apology

Musicman20

Hi all

The Bongo I received is now completed sorted out. As expected, it sounds, looks and feels great.

I don't think we need to go back into the exact details, just the conclusion.

Everyone knows I absolutely love EBMM basses. If you knew my collection of basses, you would understand why I go back to them time and time again.

Anyway, I wish to apologise for any inconvenience caused, any problems, and any arguments that may have sprouted from it. Thanks to the Mods for keeping an eye on things.

I am taking a break from forums at the moment. I have been given permission to name the store/dealer/manufacturer.

1) I wish to withdraw any validity to the comments I have made on this or any other forum over this issue and fully exonerate the companies that I have inferred or made reference to.

2) On reflection, I have received excellent service, to the highest level humanly possible, from all parties involved. Music Man rank as one of, if not the best, manufacturer of bass guitars on this planet, Strings & Things have acted in an extremely professional and more than accommodating manner to my most particular of demands. The retailer involved, Sounds Live, also ranks as one of the best, if not the best store that I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with in the UK and has more than catered to every single one of my most particular needs and demands.

3) I apologise for the trouble caused by me on Bass Chat.

Thanks all x

Gareth, many thanks for keeping us updated - I'm very glad things have now been resolved, and you've gotten the bass you wanted :)

It's been a long discussion, across many threads. It's shown some of us at our best; it's found some of us wanting; and, throughout, it has gripped the attention. We've considered how we'd approach this - and we've agreed, as a moderating team, that it's best to lock this thread.

To be clear, we consider the matter over. We've all had our say, now it's time to move on.

[b]Due to potential legal issues stemming from this matter, we've also agreed to remove any threads questioning the above or discussing the matter further, and we're asking you all to help us with this - please, no more guys. To be clear, we will issue warnings if this request goes unheeded. [/b]

You know it's going to be interesting when you have to consider the legal position of Basschat, and we're considering this matter resolved - let's let it go, Basschat.

I'll leave on a final note. I know you're taking some time off, Gareth - but we do hope you'll pop back to show your bass off when you're ready :)