Why become a member? ×

Hard case for Sei Flamboyant 5 headless

cayston

Hello people,

I'm looking for a hardcase to house my Sei Flamboyant 5 headless and was wondering if you could suggest any? I have been looking around and the one that came into my mind is the Hiscox one (in terms of quality and price) but the Sei doesn't seem to fit particularly well and the bass is moving around inside the case :(

I have also been looking around for a Warwick flight case but have the feeling that it might be over the top and the upper horn of the Flamboyant might not fit the body compartment.

Can any of you who owns the same bass or similar shape suggest a reasonably priced hardcase?

Thanks a million

The Hiscox case should fit. That was the one recommended to me when I bought my Sei Flamboyant (headed) bass. I believe that Hiscox sell extra padding to attach to the inside of the case for different body shapes. Certainly the internal padding on the lid of the cases that came with my Gus basses is different to the Fretking branded Hiscox case. Might be worth talking to Sei and Hiscox and see what they say?

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='cayston' timestamp='1358795006' post='1945201']
Cheers for the reply. Ah ok, didn't know that Hiscox sells extra padding. I should get in touch with them then. Is it the Hiscox STD-EBS that you are using with your Sei Flamboyant?
[/quote]

Yes it is. I use one that came with one of my Gus basses - I took the free gig bag when I got my Sei since I already had 4 Hiscox cases and I couldn't see myself needing any more. It has some extra padding where the top and bottom horns are which seems to hold the Sei perfectly in place.

Edited by BigRedX

[quote name='BigRedX' timestamp='1358803173' post='1945441']
Yes it is. I use one that came with one of my Gus basses - I took the free gig bag when I got my Sei since I already had 4 Hiscox cases and I couldn't see myself needing any more. It has some extra padding where the top and bottom horns are which seems to hold the Sei perfectly in place.
[/quote]

Ah sweet, looks like Hiscox it is then! :D Many thanks for the help.

If you're still finding that you need something a bit more bespoke, flightcasewarehouse will make one to suit if you send them the measurements or a template or they will send you an uncut foam case and you can do it yourself. I did this in the past and it was very snug. Their cases are a bit heavy, though as they're full flight case spec.