Why become a member? ×

Pickguard for a Jap Precision

Guest MoJo

Guest MoJo

I have recently acquired a Jap Precision in what appears to be either a Tobacco or Vintage sunburst. The 'tort' guard on it is predominantly red which looks out of place so I would like to replace it. I've looked on a few websites and they all seem to say the same thing....

[i]"These pickguards will only fit US made basses. They will not fit any other"[/i]

Or

[i]"Will fit US or Mex basses. Will not fit Jap basses"[/i]

Will someone please tell me
[list=1]
[*]What's the difference?
[*]Where do I get a pickguard that will fit my bass?
[/list]

Thanks in advance. Mark

[quote name='bassman2790' post='201620' date='May 18 2008, 05:36 PM']I have recently acquired a Jap Precision in what appears to be either a Tobacco or Vintage sunburst. The 'tort' guard on it is predominantly red which looks out of place so I would like to replace it. I've looked on a few websites and they all seem to say the same thing....

[i]"These pickguards will only fit US made basses. They will not fit any other"[/i]

Or

[i]"Will fit US or Mex basses. Will not fit Jap basses"[/i]

Will someone please tell me
[list=1]
[*]What's the difference?
[*]Where do I get a pickguard that will fit my bass?
[/list]

Thanks in advance. Mark[/quote]

Differences? Screw hole positions, cut out for heel end truss rod adjustment or not, screw holes for thumb rest/pup cover.

If you want one exactly the same, then WD Music can do you one from an accurate tracing of your current one.

Guest MoJo

Bugger....I was hoping someone would know of a source of pickguards for this guitar. I've chanced my arm on a guard of t'ebay, a seller from Holland calling themselves drumdiscounter. His/her guards are very reasonably priced so if it doesn't fit, I haven't lost a huge amount.

Cheers for the reply!

Mark

[quote name='bassman2790' post='202396' date='May 19 2008, 08:26 PM']seller from Holland calling themselves drumdiscounter[/quote]

mark,

i bought a replacement tort pickguard for my '08 MIJ PB from 'drumdiscounter'. great service. 100% perfect fit, with no mods needed. recommended.

karl

Edited by kdphysio