Why become a member? ×

SOLD US Fender 57 Precision American Vintage OW

steadidaddy

[color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Hi,[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]up for sale is my wonderful Precision.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]In its 13 years the Olympic White nitro-lacquer has darkened beautifully to a slightly warmer shade of white, which adds emphasis on the nice grain of wood. And looks so much better than when new. Fitting this natural ageing process in color, I had a luthier age the lacquer even more, to have the look and feel of a much older instrument. [/size][size=3] IMHO new or as new instruments always lack vibe and personality. This one is just the opposite, it feels part of you immediately - and that´s not only my experience. [/size][/font][/color][color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Also, you will not anymore mind those new little dings & dongs that you can´t avoid anyway. They will just fit into the picture [/size][/font][/color][color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3] :). Have no hesitation to use this bass as intended - and play it as hard as it deserves it. [/size][/font][/color][color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]And leave your silk-gloves in the bass´s tolex case. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]This one is not to be hung on a wall and just looked at.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Well, there is nothing like a good sounding Fender Precision Bass, but I should guess, you know that! In fact, I always thought this one to be the best sounding Precision of the countless I´ve tried in shops over the years - seems that´s why I bought it back then. [/size][/font][/color][color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]You may expect a woody, resonating and punchy sound, up the neck being a bit more mellow. Very sweet. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Asking £1.225,-[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Bass is located in Vienna, but I am ready to ship of course.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]I seem not to be able to upload pictures, so here´s a link:[/size][/font][/color]

[size=3][url="http://s1311.beta.photobucket.com/user/bass1967/library/Fender%2057%20US%20AV%20Precision%20Bass"]http://s1311.beta.ph...recision%20Bass[/url][/size]

[color=#696969][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]cheers![/size][/font][/color]

Edited by steadidaddy
  • Like 1

:) thank you Chris!

It´s a great instrument and I am not easily letting go, because I don´t think, I will find another for that kind of money.
I´ve had my fingers on many Precision basses - hm, after all those years it obviously turns out, this must be my favorite model ;). I still check them out, every time I´m in stores buying strings or stuff. But it seems, I was only lucky once with an instrument of the wall of a guitar-shop. Thinking of it, this actually was the only bass I remember buying new in a shop.

Though I guess that little Hohner I got for X-mas in 1988 was probably bought new by Santa Claus as well. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...