Why become a member? ×

PLease vote on the January Mix competition

51m0n

[quote name='51m0n' timestamp='1358528664' post='1940961']

If we can do mixes and find something that everybody wants to learn from in some of them each time, then as long as the people involved share their thoughts and ideas and how they went about achieving things, then there is a huge worth in what we are doing. Its not about who is the best at mixing its about provoking thought and questions and getting answers, and help for anyone who wants it. Well that was the intention from me anyway. The voting thing is just a bit of fun anyway, its the learning bit that matters!
[/quote]

Exactly! Of all the trawling through 'lessons' and forums that I've done to try and improve my audio production standard - this collective mix will probably help the most. All of the mixes here interest me in one way or another - I look forward to the discussion of methodology...

[quote name='lurksalot' timestamp='1358551045' post='1941434']
I absolutetly understand the learning resource part of the competition , thats why I have included myself in the process , I know my skills and kit is very limited , but, the whole idea is a great insight into the world of production.
I have seen documentaries, read a few articles and hear reference to mixing quite regularly , but its not until you get your hands dirty that the pieces start to fit .
Lots of people know this stuff and can hone their skills , me , I am in at the first rung and it is a fantastic idea. when I first saw the competition announced , I could barely start up a DAW , and had no idea what the competition was all about. ( if your hear my entry, you might argue I still don't) but at least I've got to the first rung .
Some of the replies take a fair bit of thought and time to respond and post, so I for one appreciatte the effort that a lot have put into the project.
[/quote]

Great post!

For me also, it's not about competition - but the chance to learn and hopefully help with some ideas at the same time. I think it's great that you pitched in as a novice - best way to learn most things IMHO... and yes, massive thanks to everyone putting effort into this