Why become a member? ×

SOLD.... Shuker Series 2, 5 String Custom ....SOLD

Pete1967

In a moment of severe GAS I've committed to another build with Jon (that's two in progress now) so to keep my ears intact I've agreed to let one of my current stable go. To be fair I don't play out much these days so my current penchat for new custom builds really is a luxury... So my first Shuker is up for sale. I've chosen to let this one go because I bought if from Jon's stock so I have the least emotional attachment, but it will be a wrench never the less. Specs are:

34" Scale
5 String
Black Walnut body
Cooked burr maple drop top with black pinstripe
5 piece maple and wenge laminated bolt on neck with carbon fibre reinforcement
Rosewood fret board - 16" radius
Brass nut
White side dot markers
Medium frets - nickel
Gotoh tuners
Individual ABM bridges
EMG 40J pickup at neck, EMG 40TW pickup at bridge
Shuker Mk2 3 band EQ
Black hardware

I bought it off Jon in 2009 from his stock. I've used it in the studio from time to time and gigged it once (I did say I didn't play out much!) so it's in near mint condition and is actually at Jon's at the moment having a once over so it'll be A1 when the new owner gets it. Because I don't have it immediately to hand I've had to list some 'library' photos of it but as soon as I can I'll get some proper shots done and add them. I'll dig up some sound files too.

A new one is likely to set you back at least £1700 I think, so for an extremly low mileage example with full makers service history, £1000 and it's yours. It includes a Hiscox Liteflite and shipping or collection in the UK. I'm happy to meet up or deliver within an hour or so of Leeds.

Any questions just ask.

Cheers

P

Edited by Pete1967

Thanks for the PMs and posts so far folks - keep em coming ;)

Nothing's ever cast in stone in this life so I'd be quite prepared to listen to sensible offers, but the cash is spoken for so no trades please.

Also, if anyone fancies a trip to Leeds for a try out I may well be persuaded to help out with the travel costs if you buy it... along with tea, coffee, buiscuits, cake and maybe even a spot of lunch in the pub next door!

P