Why become a member? ×

anyone use 'back of headstock' or 'lower horn' strap position?

tedmanzie

this is a bit hard to describe but i'd like my bass to sit further to the left of my body when standing. it would be the equivalent of having it on your left leg when sitting. this is because i'm getting right-shoulder pains which are eased if the bass is further to my left side... (i'm right handed)

i wondered if trying a back of headstock strap nut, or a 'lower horn' strap nut would shift the position at all.
before i go drilling useless holes into my bass i wanted to ask opinions! as its a bit difficult to try out.

Edited by tedmanzie

Attaching the strap to the headstock would move the bass further to your right.

If you want to move the bass to the left, you'd need to move the strap further right. The only way to do this really is by moving the strap pin out, there's certain strap locks that can move the strap an inch or so to the right or if the horn's long, you could try moving it further in towards the body. You might lead yourself to have balancing issues with the bass though which could create more problems.