Why become a member? ×

Removed

sjohns

Well, the McNach that wrote that thread on the Warwick forum is also a member on here, so you could PM him for advice (although he'll probably see this thread and comment!)

I recently had vaguely similar problems with the preamp on my Thumb. I just unsoldered all the connections and resoldered them and it worked. It seems to have been a dodgy connection to one of the pots. Maybe that's worth a go?

Alternatively, since it's a CS, you could email Warwick and they might be able to help? They are generally pretty helpful, although they weren't when my Thumb had its problems. But CS customers ought to get better treatment.

I've known a similar problem and it turned out to be that the battery connector terminals/soldering/wiring were corroded. It was hard to identify as the actual wiring/solder is inside a plastic sleeve/cover but I dissected it and 'Hey Presto'! Easy enough to replace and cost about 36p for a new battery terminal.

Nice bass. It uses standard MEC 2 band active electronics (preamp). And when you pull the volume pot, it bypasses the preamp. I assume that the bass works correctly in passive mode, but it does not work in active mode. Simply speaking the preamp is not working. This can be either the battery, or the switch in the push/pull pot, or non-contacting wires. Do you have any multimeter to check at least the battery connection? Did the preamp work previously? Can you make a photo of the preamp?

Mark