Why become a member? ×

Can anyone help?

Huge Hands

Here goes, cap in hand:

Our band is playing at a bar on Farringdon Road (London) on Saturday 24th May for a charidee (not arf!) event. Our keyboard player's missus works for the charity and is organising it. She was led to believe the venue had a PA that could handle a band, but we went to check it out the other night and it just has a CD player and a couple of nondescript hifi speakers.

I was wondering if anyone could either a) lend us a PA, or b even better has a soundy with their own gear on a night off who might fancy doing it?

I may be able to negotiate a reimbursement from the organisers, but I don't think it would be enough to either buy a PA or rent one at top professional rates. I could be wrong though, I don't know how much these things are!

At minumum, we would need the PA to handle 3 vocal mics and a sax for about 100 people. If we could get some sub action and run a bit of the band through it as well - even better!

The band actually consists of drums, bass (and upright bass for a couple of numbers), guitar, keys, sax, lead vocals and backing vocals. The singer also farts about with percussion, but usually uses his vocal mic.

If anyone can help, knows anyone, or can make some constructive suggestions, then please let me know.

I don't know if this will help persuade, but the charity supports Latin American women in this country. I can't guarantee there will be lots of nubile young Brazilian ladies there, but there's a better chance than normal I suppose!

Cheers in advance,

Stew

Edited by Huge Hands

Thanks Dave. That's a damn shame!

Gentle bump:

No one else? I didn't mean this to sound like we were asking for a freebie, more like mate's rates. I can probably get some money out of the charity, once I know what is being asked for. We as the band are doing it for free as a favour to the keyboardist's missus, but we wouldn't expect to get a PA and all that effort for nowt, we were just hoping to keep the cost down so that more money could go to them at the end of the night.

Any leads to cheap rental places in London or enthusiastic amateur soundies with their own rig would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Just found a PA firm who will deliver/collect a rig for about £300 and the charity is willing to go for it.

If anyone wants to beat this price, or knows someone who will, then please let me know ASAP.

It is saving no-one but the small charity money.