Why become a member? ×

Pedulla change/upgrade

JustaBass

I have a Pedulla MVP 5 which i am thinking of changing so i am after a bit of advice.

At present the bass is a blue/green colour which i would like to have stripped back and painted/
sprayed a high gloss white.The hardware is chrome this i will to replace via the pedulla website
with black keys, bridge etc.

I am going to change the present bart pickups with the CB series or if anyone has a better suggestion another
make they are jazz(back) and precision(front) format.
The preamp is a bart i believe so i will be replacing that with one of the new mike pope flexicore preamps.

My main question is should i get the hardware first and have that fitted then take the bass to say Sims
to get the bodywork done or should i get the bodywork done first.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated just trying to cover any problems that may come to light
doing this.

Edited by JustaBass

I have always liked white basses with black hardware but have never owned one.Although my recent purchase of an MLP bass here on bassschat is
my go to instrument i have enjoyed the Pedulla a lot, it is a great player just fancied giving it a totally diffferent and hopefully better vibe.

I could of course sell it and just wait for the right instrument to come along but i am sure the mod i have in mind will take it too another level.

I have not made up my mind for sure just thought somebody might know if there are any problems doing it,something to look our for so
to speak.I used to own just one bass at a time but i realise that two is more practical.