Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: USA SPECTOR NSJH-5 - traded, pls remove

HazBeen

Merry Xmas BC folk!

I picked up this excellent USA made [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Spector NSJH-5[/font][/color] up in a trade about 2 months ago. Having had Spector NS-5XLs, NS6XLs, Euro, NSCRs I wanted to check out the bolt-on US series. Man this thing delivers......

That said the neck is quite different to the Lulls I have been using for the past year and a bit and to be honest I have grown so used to the really sleek Lull necks that I am just not getting along with the NSJH-5 as much as I thought I would. The neck is exactly like the necks on my NS basses (played them for years) so it really is a case of not being used to the neck type. Think Precision vs Jazz neck.

The sound is absolutely awesome, a little throatier than the neck-tru XLs. A really bad ass rock bass that can do mellow as well (thanks to the Aguilar pre)!

Specs:
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Built in Woodstock NY in 2002[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Flamed Maple[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Really good condition (pretty much no wear and tear)[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]35" scale[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]17mm string spacing [/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EMG Active Jazz in neck position[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]EMG dual coil humbucker in bridge position (switchable)[/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Aguilar OBP-1 preamp ([/font][/color][color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]9 volt setup) [/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]4,3 kg (bathroom scales method)[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Includes used original Spector[/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] hard case[/font][/color]

Please note this is the sought after fully carved (like NS-5XL) bolt-on model not the (slightly cheaper, lazy b*ggers) flat bodied one they make currently.

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It owes me €1500 or 1225 GBP (excluding shipping) and that is what I would like to get back for it. I live in the Netherlands, but am in Manchester area every month and could take it with me and can of course ship at buyers expense.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I would certainly consider trades (+ cash either way). Something D Class with tubes (or tube sound), Markbass 102HF (8ohm) or 115HR (8 Ohm), a 5 string Jazz (Lulls preferred of course), a nice 4 string JB (passive is nice), a nice fretless (lined preferred but not required), the Ibanez Ashula, 4 or 5 string slim necked basses, would not rule out 6 string basses, boutique bass pedals... just try me.[/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For the right deal I would consider trade + cash @ +- [/font][/color][color=#000000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]500 quid out of my pocket (excl shipping/travel).[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#000000"]More pics can of course be sent on request.[/color][/font]

Edited by HazBeen

Ha ha Wookie, I should have realised you would be interested :), it actually would be a good match for the Spectors you got off me. I missed the sound, so got this one..... but I cannot get used to the neck anymore. Sad but true.

This one is off to the UK over the weekend.

Enjoy the Spectors and see you again in Fache Tumesnil :)