Why become a member? ×

FS/FT: some bass parts & more

Hi, here I have local luthier built bass that had been well used and abused. Unfortunately, it has some serious issues now. I suppose the fretboard wasn't glued properly and it started to separate from the neck. Result being there's small gap between fretboard and the back of the neck, somewhere around 15th - 20th fret which also makes small "hop" on the fretboard resulting in pretty high action. Other than that there are some finish cracks (probably not very quality finish used), poorly routed recession for bridge and some other small flaws here and there (e.g. fretboard shrank over time slightly so fret edges will need some polishing). I hope pics will tell more. It's 34" scale, maple neck with unknown fretboard (it's more brown-reddish than regular rosewood) and alder body (at least I hope it's alder).
I'd like to get [b]£35 [/b]for body and neck.

Bridge and tuners are no longer for sale.

There are also Bartolini dual coil pickups. They're pretty old (about 15 years) so I honestly can't say what model they are - by the look of them I'd say they're not CBCs (back of them look different than my other CBCs). They sounded really good, though. I'd like to get [b]£90[/b] for them.

I also have Schack electronics. It's 5 knob three band with master volume, pickup balance, low, mid, high. Each band is boost/cut and can be set for specified frequency by mini switches on the circuit board. Comes with all pots and battery clip. Price is [b]£35[/b]. I do have PDF manual for it (it's only in German, but you can easily get frequencies etc. from it).

There's also four string high mass bridge with adjustable string spacing and locking saddles. Feels very solid. Comes with all screws. Price is [b]£20[/b].

Another thing to sell is set of four tuners. Standard elephant ears with large base plates, comes with all bushings and screws. They came from MIJ Fender precision. Bit worn, but all work as they should. I'd like to get [b]£30[/b] for them.

And lastly I have 2 spare gig bags. They're not pretty and don't have the best padding out there, but they do the job just fine. [b]£10[/b] each of them.

[attachment=125347:DSC06329.JPG]
Electronic circuit board.

[attachment=125348:DSC06330.JPG]
Neck damage.

[attachment=125349:DSC06331.JPG]
Neck damage.

[attachment=125350:DSC06332.JPG]
Neck damage.

[attachment=125351:DSC06336.JPG]
Pickups.

[attachment=125352:DSC06337.JPG]
Body and pickups shot.

[attachment=125353:DSC06338.JPG]
Headstock shape, tuners not included.

[attachment=129225:DSC06347.JPG]
Bridge.

[attachment=129226:DSC06348.JPG]
Tuners (and bridge).

[attachment=129227:DSCN9338.JPG]
This is the gig bag.

I will listen to trade offers. I'd like pedal tuner, some kind of overdrive/fuzz, etc. etc. Cheers!

Edited by kurcatovium

If the cracks in the finish are of a crazed fashon I would say that it is nitrocellulose and crazing is a normal expectation. If they are around stress points It would be poly, possibly. I'm no expert.
The fingerboard issue sounds pretty major but it could be fixed up. Wick ca glue into the cracks, clamp it, fret level and off you go. You could clean it all up with abrasives and a bit of laquer on the neck easily enough too. Looks like rosewood.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately I don't know and there seems to be no sign or label on them anywhere (just "B" mark on bridge pickup, but I think it stands for "Bridge").

I think they're not CBC though. At least not the modern ones. I had CBCs in my other bass and bottom side looked different. These have copper plate on back while CBCs I had were cast in black epoxy. Also, these have only 2 wires.

Edited by kurcatovium

[quote name='kurcatovium' timestamp='1357378286' post='1921725']
Unfortunately I don't know and there seems to be no sign or label on them anywhere (just "B" mark on bridge pickup, but I think it stands for "Bridge").

I think they're not CBC though. At least not the modern ones. I had CBCs in my other bass and bottom side looked different. These have copper plate on back while CBCs I had were cast in black epoxy. Also, these have only 2 wires.
[/quote] ah ok cheers, sadly i don't think they'll fit my Lakland. Good luck with the sale :)

• 3 weeks later...

HI

I am looking for some black Ibanez control knobs.... Do yo u know what make the knobs are that were used on this bass? If not, do you have an Ibby that you could compare them to? Or perhaps a close up picture so that I can take a look for myself?

That's assuming the you would be interested in selling the knobs separately....

Many thanks

Max

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...