Why become a member? ×

withdrawn

Fionn

For trade is my [b]Warwick Thumb NT 4[/b]

Trade - Ideally I'm after a straight swap for a [b]Streamer Stage 1[/b] or a [b]Streamer Stage 2[/b]. I'd also consider a [b]Dolphin pro 1[/b] (neck-thru). Value-wise, I'd put this bass at £1200, although I've decided not to sell. I'll just wait it out for the right Streamer.

[u]The Bass[/u][list]
[*]Made in Germany in 2000
[*]4 string
[*]Bubinga body, Ovankol/ Bubinga neck, Wenge fretboard
[*]Neck-thru-body construction
[*]MEC J/J pickups
[*]Active (or passive) 3-way MEC electronics
[*]Black hardware
[*]Bell brass frets (26 frets)
[*]Just-a-nut II
[/list]
[u]Condition[/u]
Structurally the bass is totally sound, the electronics and hardware are in perfect working order, and the neck is true. The action is currently set medium-low. The bass is all original with the exeption of the jack socket which I changed for a superior Neutrik one when the original packed in. Cosmetically she is in very good condition. There are only very minor signs of wear, and a tiny 2mm ding on the back of the top horn (shown in picture). I've waxed it regularly and generally kept her out of harms way. I've really looked after this bass.

The only other thing to note is that one of the adjustment screws on the nut doesn't tighten, so the nut is supported internally with a titanium shim (This can be removed very easily if needs be). The nut is solid and does its job, so I've never bothered replacing it with the superior Just-a-nut 3. To be frank, the Just-a-nut 2 is a piece of crap. The designers at Warwick must have had a brain-fart with that bad boy.

[u]Dimensions[/u][list]
[*]Neck thickness at 1st fret - 20.7mm
[*]Neck thickness at 12th fret - 25.1mm
[*]Neck thickness at 20th fret - 26.5mm
[*]Neck width at nut -38.5 mm
[*]Neck width at 12th fret - 55mm
[*]String spacing at bridge - adjustable
[*]Weight - 4.7kg / 10lb4oz
[*]Scale length - 34"
[/list]
The bass comes with a slightly shabby but fully functional, super padded, heavy-duty Warwick Rockbag like this one ... [url="http://www.thomann.de/gb/rockbag_rb20705b_ebassgigbag.htm?gclid=CIiE4Keqv7QCFXDLtAod_F0AeA"]http://www.thomann.d...CFXDLtAod_F0AeA[/url]

You're welcome to come and have a look/ play but as I live on the remote north coast of Scotland it's pretty unlikely. If you're interested or have any questions drop me a message.

Here's a link to a video which explains the electronics, controls, sounds, etc ...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOLxxevOCzU[/media]

Some pictures below

Edited by Fionn

My experience in people's opinions plus what my ears have told me from the limited amount of comparison I've been able to make myself is that the BO have a more aggressive hi-mids whereas the NT has fuller/warmer low/low mids plus a reletavely subtle increase in sustain.

(a note though: But where thumbs (walnut etc variants aside) mainly come in bubinga or ovankol abd the older BOs often with wenge necks, the consistency of sound will be affected by much more than the construction type which is probably where the differing opinions generate from.)

One things for sure though: most people prefer the NTs hands down: so someone's likely to be very happy. Geez ANY good example of a thumb and someone's likely to be happy. So anyone considering going into thumb land with this one: go for it! You'll have a lot of fun as the thumbs can take playing that many other class basses will buckle under and still give a solid response to your hands!