Why become a member? ×

MTD 535

eubassix

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color="#000000"]Having recently acquired an exceptional Lakland 55-94 (couple of photos below) am considering letting this other exceptional 5 go, as the Lakland seems to sit better with the Kinal 5FL I’ve used for years now. This is a nice example of the older / original MTD bass (535 model / 21-fret). Features avadoire (expensive upgrade from standard) + spalted / figured maple body with a wenge neck / maple f/board, and different pickups (no longer available) from those Michael Tobias / MTD use on current instruments. The tone of these pickups is evident in Norm Stockton's playing / bass. This bass sounds similar – typically ‘MTD’ but with a different (‘thicker’) fundamental to current models/electronics (pickups). Everything's fully functional - the bass plays great and is in excellent overall condition – there’s a slim ding/groove on the edge of the upper horn and a couple of dings on the top/rear edge close to the back strap-pin but little else evident (front, back, neck, f/board, headstock all ‘OK’). Specs: model #340; 8.4lbs. weight; 21-fret, 35” scale; 1.75” nut; 9mm(nut) & 19mm (bridge) string spacing/s. Complete with the original (good condition) MTD case and the original documentation. I have a sensible/appealing trade+cash offer which I’m currently considering and will probably accept quite soon if nobody snaps-up the bass for ££[/color][/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][color="#000000"]£2345 (inclusive of Courier)[/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='Taa' timestamp='1355729023' post='1901787']
any trades? with another mtd but different combination?
[/quote]
Thanks for interest/offer, but no wish to replace with another MTD 535. I'm getting quite a few trade/cash offers but would prefer to sell outright