Why become a member? ×

reaper and line 6 podfarm

RockfordStone

I've been using* PodFarm and Reaper for a very long time. I love Reaper and it works with everything I throw at it. Ok, so firstly, tell me what you're doing and I'll see if I can sort out what's going wrong!

* I've disconnected my UX1 now as Line 6 still haven't fixed the driver problems with OSX's Mountain Lion upgrade. I'm looking for a new interface as we speak.
PodFarm however is really good for roughing out demos etc so hopefully it'll be something simple to fix for you!

previously, in cubase, i operated podfarm without issues, using my tascam interface, and only my line 6 gx plugged in but not enabled, so the ilok feature was covered. never had any issues.

now i am finding in reaper, all tho i am using an unaltered setup, that no matter whether i use the input or individual track effects, pod farm is not working. from what i can tell the signal is not being routed through podfarm, so i get no sound at all from it, yet when i turn it off, i get the dry input sound so i know sound is going into reaper.

im wondering if its because im not going in directly through my line 6 device so its not routing properly for some reason?

Hmm! Interesting!

So, all drivers installed and up to date and you have license manager installed and linked to your machine and device. I'll run through the steps egg-sucking style how I'd set up to see if anything is different with your machine. I'm running a Mac but use the same method with my windows machines.

Plugged in to the GX, even before loading Reaper, you should get at least a visual of [b]input[/b] signal in the app when you run PodFarm (1 or 2.5) stand alone. (Not the plug in.)

If you have no input signal there, then Reaper definitely won't work.

If you do have signal, then load up Reaper and head to OPtions>Preference>Device Select your GX and click OK.

Next up add a few track channels in the DAW then click on the input box on each track channel to get a drop down menu. Just to test the theory, I'd select Stereo>Inputs 1&2 for track one and then Stereo>Inputs 3&4 for track two.

Click on the red 'record' symbol on each track channel.

I'm hoping that as you are now monitoring the outputs from the GX, when you play you should see some signal activity in Reaper?