Why become a member? ×

SOLD Morley PWF - 1970s Vintage Tel-Ray-made Power Wah Fuzz SOLD

AndThenSome1

SOLD! Vintage 1970s Morley Power Wah Fuzz

This is one of the original PWF pedals, from the same series as the PWB (as used by Cliff Burton), etc. Built in the 1970s these things are built like absolute tanks and come along very rarely. Huge wah sweep and some really dirty fuzz sounds too, and can also be used as a volume pedal when neither Fuzz or Wah is selected.

This is an American-voltage edition but I will include a step-down transformer with the pedal so it can be plugged into the mains in the UK/Europe. I recently had this given the once over by Martin Owen of Owen Electronics who fixed a number of small faults, so everything is in perfect working order, with Martin even commenting that its rare to see an old Morley in such good condition.

Looking for £100 plus P&P (probably around £15 with the transformer due to weight).

[attachment=126366:photo 1.JPG]
[attachment=126367:photo 2.JPG]
[attachment=126368:photo 3.JPG]
[attachment=126369:photo 4.JPG]
[attachment=126370:photo 5.JPG]

Edited by AndThenSome1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow I can't believe this hasn't flown off the shelf at that price. I have had a PWB for years and it is fantastic, and the fuzz model is better. Stanley Clarke used these as well AFAIK. Never gets noisy or scratchy (optical) and will withstand Armageddon. If you stuck this on the evil Ebay it would go in a flash.

[quote name='fumps' timestamp='1361531549' post='1986977']
Very tempted for a birthday gift to myself
[/quote]

Do it! You know you want to!

Seriously thinking about eBay for this one, although if anyone is looking for a trade I'm in the market for any of the following:
[list]
[*]Studio Monitors (part-ex with cash your way obviously)
[*]A blues-style guitar overdrive
[*]A multi-pedal power supply
[/list]
Although if theres anything else make me an offer, its been a while since I've had use for a wah like this so I'm quite open to letting it go