Why become a member? ×

Reformed lurker

rusty1984

hi all

I’ve spent hours browsing these forums, but never actually left a post so thought it about time I said hi and introduce myself. I live in Redditch just south of Birmingham and I’ve been playing bass for around 13 years now. I’ve gigged on and off playing covers and original material, anything from punk to Motown. When I first started playing I was lucky enough to pick up a beat up 80s MIJ P-bass for £40 which is still the only bass i own (despite being on the hunt for a new bass for the past year!). I recently upgraded from an Ashdown ABM 15’ combo to an EBS Reidmar with 12’ focus cab (based on threads and reviews on here) and it’s made such a huge improvement to the clarity and definition. I also play a bit a bit of guitar.

Thanks for reading

Russ

Hey Russ, welcome along.

Before long you will have forgotten all about your £40 bass.......basschat has that affect on people, they call it gas......I myself have been affected! I only came here to ask about strings and have since bought 2 basses and an looking to get a whole new rig that I don't need!

Cheers Leen.

hi guys, thanks for the welcome

Leen, i suspect your right, GAS seems innevitable, if only i knew what i was looking for!

Bert, i'd love to sell you my bass for £39... maybe one day i'll pass it on to some aspiring young bassist who is equally as broke and clueless as i was when i started, but for now it's staying, atleast untill i find it's successor!