Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision Bass - Foto Flame - MIJ 94/95 (J-East Preamp) - SOLD!

Christophano

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hiya fellow Basschatters, my Fender MIJ (Made in Japan) Precision bass with [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Foto Flame[/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828] finish is up for sale. Unfortunately, I'm having to sell some of my gear because of finances... Children cost fortune! It has literally sat looking pretty on a stand in my front room for the last year and gets picked up for a play once in a while. [/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The Serial Number is S010809. Which according to the guitardaterproject.org means it was made between 94-95 in the Fuji-gen Plant (for Fender Japan) which apparently is one of the good ones.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass has a John East P-retro Preamp along with Nordstrand NP4 pickups, it also has Legacy strings, which are actually pretty decent. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]As the bass has a [color=red]Foto Flame[/color] finish it has cracks all over it[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] which I have tried to show in the photos below. Also one of the previous owners seems to have attacked the truss adjuster[/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#282828]. The nut has a crack in it, but it doesn't seem to effect how it plays. I've tried to show the scratches in the pictures, but they don't really come out in pictures and you can't really see them if you are a few feet away from the bass. Mojo that adds to the character, of course. :-)[/color][/font]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The bass comes with the preamp charger and a decent hard case. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SOLD![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Here is my feedback [/font][/color][url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/103331-christophanos-feedback/page__p__1750782__hl__christophano__fromsearch__1#entry1750782"]http://basschat.co.u..._1#entry1750782[/url]

Edited by Christophano

[quote name='Cosmo Valdemar' timestamp='1354481073' post='1886532']
Is it as green as the pics make out? It's got a bit of a Burns vibe to it! Very cool bass.
[/quote]

Hiya! Now that you mention it, I can see some green in those pictures.... It must be the light, or my camera. It doesn't seem very green in real life. *Gets eyes tested*

• 4 months later...

I was just going to ask the same question Shippo, i emailed Fender in American to find out a little more about these and apparently they cant tell me much as the Japanese made them without the fotoflame necks that they should have had and put 57 RI's on them. Mines identical to this and the only other one that i knew of is a guy in Hungary i beleive who contacted me when i first asked for info on mine