Why become a member? ×

bass solo secrets

yamahabass

Just checked out you're vids! Great phrasing and a lovely feel about your playing, I loved the solo on Blue Bosa. I will now sit in my study and practice all night! What ever you are practicing it is certainly working and I need to find me some of that!

Keep it up dude, hope to see some more vids soon!

Adam

I'm currently working on some random noodlings and trying to work on my phrasing rather than just going "Oh no! Bass solo time! What the hell do I play?!" and just flailing my fingers around vaguely in the right key in the modest hope that at least something will sound passable as a solo! I think I'll be taking your advice on learning some solos from other musos, I've got a book of Charlie Parker stuff that I occassionally dip in and out of which has plenty of material to steal... I mean... ahem... plagiarise and tastefully reference! <_<

When I've had a chance to do some recordings I'll get them posted up on here, would love to hear your thoughts.

• 1 month later...

hi!
sorry to take so long to reply, been away fro, bass for awhile in general but now im back!
well, i would say that you are 100 % on the right path with charlie parker, if you get down any of his licks you are def on the money :)
i would try to play his licks up high on your bass but also down low so you can develop a nice style all over your bass.
love to hear your solo vids so let me know when you have the, uploaded
till then.....