Why become a member? ×

Hello from Wales

welsholdman

Hello All

Being a complete novice where bass guitars are concerned i have not yet bought my first bass but plan to probably just after Christmas.

At present I play a solid bodied electric ukulele and am looking to expand into guitars. Don't know why but i have a hankering to play bass - i just love listening to bass lines in tracks. I have no ambition to play in a band or play any kind of gig and mostly just play as a hobby.

Currently i have a battery powered amp and also a 25w fender bass amp plus some effects pedals (phaser, flanger, reverb).

Must admit i don't play 'traditional' ukulele type songs and have a lot of fun seeing how far i can push the sound of an electric ukulele using effects and technique. At present i am trying to come up with a decent sounding version of Ry Cooder's 'Theme from Southern Comfort' using my ukulele and a bottle neck slide.

[color=#ffffff].[/color]
[color=#ffffff].[/color]
Helo, mister Oldman, syr!

Croeso!

You must be a man after my heart:

[quote name='welsholdman' timestamp='1353882570' post='1879446']
Must admit i don't play 'traditional' ukulele type songs and have a lot of fun seeing how far i can push the sound of an electric ukulele using effects and technique.
[/quote]

I've done likewise ever since I found the spring reverb in my first electronic organ, and up to playing classical music with prepared pianos. Lotsa fun.

You being Welsh and old and having that bassy things hankering, you'll fit right in.
Ask away! I'm sure millions of BC'ers are in line already to help you get a good start.

Enjoy what BC has to offer! Or is that "offr"?

Hwyl be upon you.

best,
bert

Edited by BassTractor