Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Reaper MIDI Help

Rumple

A little help with Reaper if there are any experts out there.

Messing about yesterday I came up with a little loop using the arpeggiator on an Akia MPK and quickly recorded it in Reaper so I can edit it and maybe use it as the base of a new tune, the problem is the loop is (for arguments sake) at 112bpm but the track properties are at 120bpm so obviously the markers for the bars are in the wrong place and for the life of me I can't work out how to change reaper so they align, if it were audio you could change the tempo of the track to 112 and it would be in time but as it's MIDI changing the tempo just speeds up or slows down the MIDI.

Hope that makes sense :s

Cheers

R

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1353844081' post='1878851']
...if it were audio you could change the tempo of the track to 112 and it would be in time but as it's MIDI changing the tempo just speeds up or slows down the MIDI.[/quote]

Isn't that precisely what you want to happen, though?

Midi is much more tweakable than audio, so whatever it is you want to do (I'm still not quite clear what that is) can certainly be done. Can you describe what you have going on in more detail? Did you record the loop in Reaper?

Would quantising be the way to do it, I wonder.

----
(Greetings from neighbouring Penge, by the way)

Edited by Zenitram

:D I knew I was going to struggle to explain what I mean.

The MIDI loop runs over the bar makers in Reaper as the recorded loop is at a different tempo to the Reaper project, I thought there must be a simple way to make the MIDI stretch or shrink to fit to a certain number of bars or to a marker, as you say I could quantise a bar it this case.

I did a screen grab t help explain but the uploader doesn't seem to be working.

I lived in Penge for a few years, up towards Anerley Station.

[quote name='OldG' timestamp='1353847154' post='1878897']
Press alt and drag the edge of a midi item (and audio item if you wish) to the target bar marker - and Reaper will timestretch/shrink it for you.
[/quote]

That's it :) job done.

Thank you very much.

Most Kind, I may just do that in the future, I've had it for a few years as well and prefer it to anything else I've tried but I only dabble with it once in a while and it can get frustrating when you can't work out how to do something due to lack of experience.