Why become a member? ×

HELP! I need an intonation screw

apa

Grrrrrrr!

Snapped right off while adjusting my 5er Jazz. Thing is its not a regular size since its from a piezo bridge. Ive compared it to a standard fender / MM style cheapo one and while the fender/MM are the same this one is a fraction larger in diameter and looks like a different thread but with the same size head. It only needs to be about 1inch long.

Anyone help a guy out here? Or suggest a source?

Much apreciated in advance :D I love this baby! :(

A

Good call guys but they all only sell the standard style screws which are a slightly different size! Only ption is to either send them a screw for them to compare or buy a load that looks like it I suppose. Either way its not a good option :(

A

[quote name='stoker' timestamp='1353871852' post='1879233']
Have you tried asking the guys in Jaywalk?
[/quote]

Oh yeah! Ill try and pop in next weekend if I can fight my way though the christmas shoppers <_<

Cheers ears :) BTW Ill sort out those Tape wound and half wound sets for you. When you free this week? I cant do Fri soz.

A

If you have a good old-fashioned hardware shop round your way, could you take in one of the other screws and get them to work out what size and type of thread it is (by trying different nuts on it)? It's probably a standard thread, maybe metric or UNF, so you may be able to at least get something that will do the job until you can track down an exact replacement.

[quote name='thinman' timestamp='1354366151' post='1885214']
If you have a good old-fashioned hardware shop round your way, could you take in one of the other screws and get them to work out what size and type of thread it is (by trying different nuts on it)? It's probably a standard thread, maybe metric or UNF, so you may be able to at least get something that will do the job until you can track down an exact replacement.
[/quote]

Ah yes those dusty, dark old shops full of 'stuff' and manned by wise old men in brown coats. Bit thin on the ground around here Im afraid. There is a good music shop in the next town (Street, Im in Glasto) as mentioned by stoker above. Ill pop in there in a couple of hours and see what they can do once my hangover has subsided :blink:

Thing with this bridge is its a no name and it came from the US so I have no idea whether its metric or UNF. It is a different thread and diameter to standard bridge screws (Or is it technically a bolt? I can never remember. No its a screw since the thread goes the full length of the shaft but we digress).

A