Why become a member? ×

Vox Amphone bass headphones - whadya think?

Mornats

Now these look interesting... http://www.dv247.com/guitars/vox-amphones-bass-guitar-monitoring-headpones--101719

I've had trouble with the headphone out feature of any amp I've tried - the bass either loses all the low end or just farts. Would be interesting to see if these can pump out a decent punchy bass with some low-end. I've not tried their amplug things so I'm not sure if these will just be a gimmick or if they'll be useful.

Anyone heard anything good or bad about them? I can't find any reviews about the bass one online just yet.

I've got an Amplug (original Japanese made version) and it's great. It's not amazing, but it's a fun little thing for playing with. They cost about £20/£30 though, so I'm not sure I'd part with £100 for a pair of headphones with one in. I'd rather have an Amplug and a decent pair of headphones. Unless money was no object of course. :)

One detriment would be that I often play with my Amplug using a pair of open foam on ear headphones, that means I can play along with stuff. Wouldn't be possible with these. Though they have an Aux in (as does the Amplug) that's not the same thing at all.