Why become a member? ×

Big Kydd 5 string - sensible offer accepted!

Old Fakir

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Hi Everybody. [/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]I've got a 'previously enjoyed' Big Kydd 5 string (B - G) that I'd like to sell. I've had it for about 5 years, so it comes with a few minor dings etc. Those are free. You all know what they look like and sound like - one got sold on here earlier this year. Brand new you can get them from the USA for about $1800 plus import taxes. Let's say roughly £1,300. How about £700 for mine?[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]This is a really great sounding instrument. Couple of good features: about the same scale as your BG (35") so easy to switch between the two. It sounds great - more like a DB than a "BG on a stick". It has an arched fingerboard, so can be bowed. Easy to get strings for - and lots of varieties available. It comes with a stand like a camera tripod - you don't have to hold it up all the time, it doesn't try to spin out of your hands like a DB or some other EUBs; and it can't fall over in the interval!. If you want to move into DB from BG, this is a cracking little instrument to use as a half-way house, or perhaps for your permanent sound. It folds up into a rifle-case; it's light; it doesn't take up much room in the car. Couple of pics added. [/size][/font]

Edited by Old Fakir

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...