Why become a member? ×

johnson stingray copy up for grabs

ashgeezer

I have a johnson stingray copy up for grabs in near mint condition, maple neck and fretboard, alder body,clover leaf style tuners etc etc ( you know the sort ).
Theres a tiny (and i mean tiny) crack in the laquer on the underside of the body that i"ve only just noticed and i"ve had the bass 12 months, sounds really nice, you get bright ringing tones from this and the strings look brand new as its hardly been used, comes with padded gig bag (nothing special but it does the job). i"ve sprayed the scratchplate blue as i think it looks better but you can pick em up for next to nothing if you like the black ones.
Ideally i would like to swap it for a precision style bass as the stingray style doesn"t suit me at all.
As i"m skint at present, if it could be collected then great but if your not to far away maybe we could meet half way.

just the box standard vol and tone control and the pickup is the johnson brand humbucker, the writing says johnson by axel, and yeah it is passive, nothing spectacular as i bought it last year when i first started learning, sounds nice though.