Why become a member? ×

Spector compared to Warwick

ead

I saw this on 'the bay' and wondered if anybody could give me any more info about it please. Also how does it compare to the Spector NS2000B f/s on this very forum?

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190742943991?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/190742943991?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649[/url]

Cheers

Before setting up the Rockbass line, made in China, Warwick experimented with making cheap basses in Germany, by using cheaper woods, cheaper hardware and slab bodies. This is one of them. Yes, it was made in Germany, and it has an ovangkol neck (instead of the maple that most RBs have), but apart from that it's basically a Rockbass, of the sort that Thomann were flogging for around £200 not long ago.

And the extra problem that these Streamer standards have, like the RB streamers, is the pickups are weedy, but a non-standard shape, so difficult to replace.

I am a big Warwick fan, but I'd buy the Spector rather than this. :)

Mart's info is spot on.
Another opinion is that these are actually pretty decent basses - I've played a few and thought they were certainly acceptable for the price.
Ovangkol neck, Wenge board, Bell Brass Frets......
I'd have one of these over the Spector, especially if you were looking to upgrade the electronics.
Like most 'cheaper' instruments the weakest link is the electronics
Which then basically leaves you with the materials and any sway you put into the workmanship - Warwick (Germany), Spector (China).

Edited by bagsieblue