Why become a member? ×

FOR SALE: 2001 Stingray5 TransTeal - £800

Genie64

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]Hey there bassy peeps,[/size][/font][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]It pains me to say it but I'm selling my baby.[/size][/font][/font] :sad:

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]2001 MusicMan Stingray5.[/size][/font][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]TransTeal finish.[/size][/font][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]Maple neck/ Fingerboard. [/size][/font][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]3 Band EQ.[/size][/font][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]Bought this in North Carolina in about 2004, its still in great nick, has a few little dents on the back (pictured) that have been there since before I picked it up, but plays like an absolute dream. [/size][/font][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]Its had a proffessional setup done at least once a year since I got it, last one about 3 months ago. Am saving some pennies to move to india so... needs must...[/size][/font][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]Am willing to ship to anywhere in the UK for an extra £25 but pickup from Brighton/ London area's cool too.[/size][/font][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]I'm selling it with the original MusicMan hard case and also f[/size][/font][/font][font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]eel free to come down to Brighton and play it if you like. Might be a brew in it for ya anyway![/size][/font][/font] :D

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]Looking for £800 for it, PM me if your interested.[/size][/font][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]Cheers, [/size][/font][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]John[/size][/font][/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif][size=5]x[/size][/font][/font]

[attachment=122077:1.JPG][attachment=122082:6.JPG][attachment=122080:4.JPG][attachment=122081:5.JPG][attachment=122078:2.JPG]

Very nice, I have the exact same combination of trans teal and maple neck.

Thought I'd mention as you are new here that forum rules state you should only bump your ad once every 36 hours.

Good Luck with the sale.

[quote name='Rumple' timestamp='1351339717' post='1850274']
Very nice, I have the exact same combination of trans teal and maple neck.

Thought I'd mention as you are new here that forum rules state you should only bump your ad once every 36 hours.

Good Luck with the sale.
[/quote]

Cheers Man,

Yeah it sure a beautiful bass, sorry to see it go but ce la vie eh?

Thanks for the heads up on the bump front dude.

Peace.

[quote name='obi 2 kenobi' timestamp='1351445492' post='1851294']
Hi, how much does it weigh ?

Thx
[/quote]

hey man,

just had the bathroom scales out, it weighs 4.7 kilos on its own and 9.8 kilos in the hard case.

it is fairly heavy as basses go, but in terms of comfort, i can happily bounce around a stage for over an hour without even noticing its there really,
just took a bit of getting accustomed to as with any instrument i guess.

hope thats helpful,

peace.

[quote name='Higgie' timestamp='1351440277' post='1851208']
I'd love to buy this as a backup to my SR5...Maybe if I sell my cabs I'll be getting in touch!
[/quote]

hey man,

yeah man would make a great backup or first bass, dont hesitate to gimme a shout!

lovin the '89 fretless BTW :)

Peace.

Yeah my current SR5 takes most of the work, and where I'm away from home for long periods of time it would be great to take a backup with me...I'll let you know if the cabs go... ;) Thanks mate, the fretless is great...Run it through an octaver and it's just classic Pino!