Why become a member? ×

Markbass TTE500 Sold

KennysFord

Hi Folks,
Bought this a couple of months back but prefer the tone of my Eden WT550 to be honest so might as well see if this will move.
It has a story so.......
As above, bought of here a couple of months back but the amp arrived with 2 small dings on the underside where the feet are. It was a quick fix to pop them out but in doing so the threads in the chassis stripped, steel made from cheese I think. Anyway, I remedied this with a 4mm nut on each bolt job done.
The head tested perfectly well, I gigged it a couple of times but noticed than when the compressor was on full it squashed to tone too much. I contacted Walbassist of here who has the same head and he suggested I put a new valve in the compressor and try that. To save any messing about I revalved the entire head. The compressor works 100% now as does the head.

As I wasn't 100% happy to move the head on (if at the time I decided to) I sent the head of to Gareth for him to A/B it against his just to check it sounded and worked as his. The tone on his was slightly different but that was down to Valve choice alone.
Since getting the head back I've gigged it a couple of times without issue, happy days, no problems what so ever and I'm very happy and confident that the amp is working 100% as it should.
There was / is absolutely no damage at all to the top and all four sides and you have to really look to see any evidence underneath. Looks as good as any other.
I might as well add that I contacted Markbass in Italy at the time and a replacement chassis was 40euros, 80euros to do the repair. However they wouldn't send me a replacement chassis as they have to put the safety info and serial number on there as well. It would have to go to Italy for the repair, they advised me to just use it.

In light of the above and in respect of how much these are new I think a fair asking price would be £420 including shipping 1st class (and correctly marked as fragile) to the UK. It comes with an as new Markbass padded carry case as well.
I'll stick a few pics up here but I have a lot more Hi Def ones to email if anyone wants to see them.
Cheers for looking.
Trade wise SVT7pro would be nice perhaps, No Basses tho' please.

Edited by kennyrodg

That didn't take long, did it? ;)
Someone got nice piece of equipment. The only thing that stopped me from buying one of those (and keeping my R500) is the grill on the top - it looks cool but when you play a pub gig there is fair chance of spilling a beer on your amp...