Why become a member? ×

SOLD Cheap 5-string - ideal for trying out the extra string

ead

For sale is my 1996 Yamaha BBN5 in natural finish (acquired from a BCer). I have decided that after 2 separate attempts I am happiest on a 4-string bass, hence the sale.

The body has a few minor dings and some wear just above the bridge pickup presumably caused by a previous owners thumb nail. Overall the body is in pretty good condition for its age. I'd give it 6.5 to 7.0 out of 10. The neck and fretboard are in excellent shape and nice and straight.

The bass had EMG active pickups installed when I acquired it and has been lightly modded by the addition of an EMG BTC system 2-band EQ and a professionally installed 9v battery compartment. I have also added some black aluminium control knobs as the EMG supplied knobs were pants.

I will include the three 25k pots (active pickups don't forget) and speed dial knobs for those wanting to go back to the traditional jazz bass style V / V / T controls. Also included is a padded gig bag.

Price wise, £150 or sensible offers please. Thanks for looking.

I would also consider trades for a fretless or an interesting 4-string fretted bass with cash either way.

Edited by ead

Hey! I'm interested in this bass to test my 5 string abilities. Would you post her? You've not said if everything works - does it? Ideally I just want to plug her in (maybe change the battery) and off we go - is that possible?

Cheers - Ben