Why become a member? ×

need a big favour.

jaybass 70

Hi guys and gals,
to cut a long story short a songwriting friend of mine is recording an album, I play electric bass in his band 'Jimmy Rae and the firewalkers' click on the link to enjoy one of our songs [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPGMe99iAAA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPGMe99iAAA[/url] (yeah thats me!)
he has a new set of songs which are more of a jazzy bluesy sound which require a double bass, however I don't own a double bass and was wondering if you nice people in Basschat land could do me a big favour an lend me a double bass to complete this project, yeah i know its a bit of a big ask but I don't want to miss out on this opportunity cos I think this new set of songs are great and i want to be playing on them. I could leave you with one of my trusty axes to play with and figure out some sort of rental charge. Hope someone can help me out, thanks in advance.
Jason

p.s I am based on the wirral and will drive the necessary distance

PM's replied to, you guys are brilliant, thanks a lot :) I knew basschat wouldnt let me down, I am just sorting a few things my end and will keep you updated, thanks for your kind words chris, if you all shoot me a pm with your adresses I'll send you all a free Jimmy Rae album.
once again guys thanks a million
Jason

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,
Just had the pleasure of meeting Tom (TPJ) who has kindly lent me his Double bass for this Project, Thanks for the Bass, Coffee and the tips Tom, I have been playing today and I am already hooked and can see myself purchasing one of these in the future, they sound so Organic and it is a really rewarding experience playing one, I Love it !
Big thanks to Steve for the offer too, thanks a million guys, I,ll keep you updated and will hopefully have some tracks you can listen to, got to go got some bass to practice!