Why become a member? ×

SOLD FS: MTD Kingston Heir 5

SoVeryTired

For sale: MTD Kingston Heir 5-string bass in translucent cherry with rosewood fingerboard. I've had this bass for a year from new and it's in fantastic condition - you have to look closely under a light to see any surface marks. Recently restrung with DR Hi Beams and comes in a high quality MTD Kingston padded gig bag. A really great bass for the money - the neck in particular feels amazing.

The specs are:
- Carved ash body with flamed maple top
- Asymmetrical, one-piece Maple Neck
- Buzz Feiten Tuning System
- Rosewood fingerboard
- MTD Quick Release Bridge
- Trans Cherry gloss finish
- MTD MM and J exposed-pole alnico pickups
- Five controls: 1 volume, 1 pan, and 3-band EQ
- 35-inch scale 5-string with 19mm string spacing at bridge
- 24 medium jumbo frets
- Weight 4.2kg (approx. 9lb 4oz)

Collection preferred or courier shipping available. [s]£375[/s] [b]£300 fixed[/b] (no trades please, I need the cash towards a custom build). Please message me with any questions. Thanks for viewing!

Edited by SoVeryTired

Wow, busy forum! Bumping up from the depths...

Okay, some more information: £610 brand new from Bass Direct last November. Great customer service from MTD - when you e-mail, Mike Tobias himself replies! The build quality at the price is truly outstanding.

Selling because I've realised my preference is for a P/J pickup combination.

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1350641037' post='1841536']
What does this weigh?
[/quote]

A good question! I'll have to wait until I get home tonight to weigh it but it's not a backbreaker. If you were push me to estimate (and I'm not a certified bass weight assessor), I'd say it's in the 8-9lbs range.

I'll update with something more accurate later.

These are really good basses; I had two a few years ago..

Very light, easy to play and surprisingly versatile. The asymmetrical neck makes it so comfortable, even with the 35" scale (which i don't usually get on with)..

Anyway, good luck with the sale!

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1350664476' post='1842057']
These are really good basses; I had two a few years ago..

Very light, easy to play and surprisingly versatile. The asymmetrical neck makes it so comfortable, even with the 35" scale (which i don't usually get on with)..

Anyway, good luck with the sale!
[/quote]

Thanks. And you're so right about the neck. Based on the dimensions, the scale and width should be too much for my relatively small hands but it's the most comfortable bass neck I've played. An asymmetrical neck is one of the must-have features of my next bass.