Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Spyder 550 - Dual tube head SOLD

Muzz

OK, so following my bass GAS being pretty much damped down by the Dingwall, I started to play around with my amps, and I now have too many of those instead, so this has to go.

It's the Spyder 550 rackmount head, which has the preamp section from the 427 Small Block, with 2 x valves (12AX7 and 12AU7) and passive tone stack, combined with the power section from the ABM series - plenty of power here...

Here's the official Ashdown blurb - although the phrase "Uber-cool" might be questionable:

[size=2][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]This Über-cool rackmount head combines the warmth and grind of the 427 Small Block's all-tube preamp with the dynamics of Ashdown's tour-proven 500-Watt ABM power stage.[/font][/size][/size]
[size=2][size=4][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The 550 Spyder head features High and Low gain inputs, front panel-mounted Effects Send and Return, rotary Bass, Middle and Treble controls with Mid Shift, Bass Shift and Bright switching, Mute switch, rotary Gain and Master volume controls and balanced DI output with Pre/Post switching.[/font][/size][/size]

[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Price dropped to £275 plus postage of (UK mainland) about £20 - it'll be very well packed and insured.[/size][/font][/size]

[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Cheers,[/size][/font][/size]

[size=2][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=4]Muzz[/size][/font][/size]

Edited by Muzz

I bought Walbassist's Spyder 550 and was persuaded to sell it in favour of a Fender TB600. I wished I hadn't. The Ashdown was much better suited to my needs. If someone wants to buy my TB600, I'll gladly take the Spyder off your hands