Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Trace Elliot GP12 SMX 1x15 Combo (1215SMX), pre-Gibson.

danlea

The unit is currently in our rehearsal studios in Hackney, London.

Excellent condition. The screws have acquired some of the rust you see on all TE stuff of this age and the compressor balance knob is missing it's red cap, but as you can see it's certainly not an eye-sore. It's the original black 'pimple' covering with the original Trace Elliot Celestion speaker. I've attached the manual for the range, but here's a quick summary:

It's 300W RMS at 4 Ohms (i.e. with an 8 Ohm extnesion cabinet), obviously it has the fantastic GP12 SMX preamp (valve/SS input blend, 12-band EQ, dual band compressor with individual controls, effects blend level), a footwitch input (footswitch not included as per usual, but any stereo jack momentary footswitch will do - you can get one made cheaply here: [url="http://www.redonionsolutions.co.uk/General/DualMom.htm"]http://www.redonionsolutions.co.uk/General/DualMom.htm[/url] - they also sell on ebay) and a full-range/high-pass effects loop with send level.

I'm selling this because I've purchased a 600W head from the same range (I just love the sound you get from these - don't be fooled into thinking you always just get that Trace Elliot signature tone from it). It's very compact and a great gigger - has great lows and responds all they way up into the high mids (you can get a great twang out of it, unlike a lot of 15s) but is even better when teamed up with a 2x10 extension to give you a stronger mid-range.

Anyway, most of you know this sh*t already. The amp resides at the Premises studios in Hackney (E2 8JL). [b][s]£325[/s] £250[/b].

Edited by danlea

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

[quote name='Trace_n_bass' post='275918' date='Sep 2 2008, 11:27 PM']Hi. Just to let you know the amp is actually the 250W version. It was replaced by the 300W version in 1993. You can tell as the 250W has cooling fins on the back, the 300W has a 12V fan.

I've got lots more info on these if it helps.

Cheers,

TnB[/quote]

Ok, cheers. If there's any info relevant to the sale of this unit that potential buyers may be interested in then do feel free to post.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...