Why become a member? ×

Hi, Just started playing bass (again)

DrBob

Hi there,

After years of being that most annoying of people (i.e. a guitarist who thinks he can play bass) I've realised that I can't but that I'd quite like to have a bit of a go at doing it properly.

My only musical outlet at the moment is jamming in my friends posh shed/mancave and what they really need is a bassist.
So about a year back I went out and got a used EBMM S.U.B. Sterling (one of the earlier U.S.A. nade ones with the black painted necks & 'hammerite' finish bodies) Sounds lovely, can't stop playing the intro to 'Summertime Rolls' by Janes Addiction on it.

It's gonna take a while but I'm really enjoying it.

My wife's just getting into a bit of Bass as well. she's always been musical (grade 8 clarinet, grade 8 flute etc) and just fancied having a go, we've just picked up a seafoam green Mark Hoppus for her so it's got really low and thumpy round here of late !

Look forward to learning a lot and apologies in advance for the stupid questions

Rob

Hi
Bass gets you like that sometimes. I have been an on and off bass player for 24 years....I'm still crap mind... but I just can't get away from it for long before I come back. :D
Like the sound of the man cave....but not the sound of 2 bass players in one house... :lol:
Jas

[quote name='jjojjas' timestamp='1349976176' post='1833046']

Bass gets you like that sometimes. I have been an on and off bass player for 24 years....I'm still crap mind... but I just can't get away from it for long before I come back. :D

[/quote]

+1 on that (spesh the bit about still being crap)
Welcome to BC and stay away from the Market Place if you value your sanity (and you wallet).

Hi Rob,

Welcome to BC! You'll fit right in. All the signs are there. :)
It's a great place to learn too: with the help from people here, I can now play just about every song ever written for the open E, and will soon advance to ... er ... something else. ;)

Enjoy!

Oh, and you know there are no stupid questions, right? Only stupid people asking questions on here at any rate. :P

best,
bert