Why become a member? ×

Actually gone this time!

StevieD_FenderP2009

[s]Hey guys

I've just finished building my "black plague" P-Bass as I call it but as I bought a 5-string the other day, I've put a few things up for sale to fund it.

This bass is one I built at home from parts I bought off the net. By no means are they crap parts either! All hardware and body are black apart from the tuning pegs and bridge but read the specs and you'll know why...

Body: Solid wood, unsure but I think it's alder/ash from the weight of it - £50
Neck: 1 piece maple boarded C shape neck. Old school precision thickness with skunk stripe too! - £70
Tuners: 1987 Official Fender tuning pegs (off my 1987 checkerboard unfinished restoration project) - Replacement American Vintage reverse wind sets seem to be around £50 so call it that
Pickups: 2003 Official Fender japan split P pick up - £30
Pots: 500k volume and tone pots - £15
Shielding: Copper shielding through all of the cavity - £5
Pickguard: 1 ply black (had to slightly widen the bit where the pick up ears go in to) - £15
Knobs: Flat top tele style knurled - £10
Thumb rest: Positioned above the neck, made of plastic - £3
Bridge: Wilkinson 4 saddle with brass saddles - £15
Neck plate: Official Fender 4 bolt plate - £15
String tree: Round Fender style - £5
Strings: D'addario Chrome Flatwounds
Strap buttons: Large topped - £8

£291 total build cost, £200 asking price. Can't do much fairer.

Condition: Everything apart from the body is perfect as they were bought brand new. The body I would say is around 6.5/10 condition. This is because on the back there are a lot of scratches and scuffs as well as one paint chip on the top edge which has been covered up by dabbing black nail varnish on there. You wouldn't notice it when your arm is down playing the bass. If you sit down and play the bass, it would be where your wrist/forearm are positioned but it's not sharp or anything so it's un-noticable. All this was done before I bought the body. It has been drilled to take a pickup and bridge cover but i'm not sure if i'll include them.

I have set the action up to be medium to low with no fret buzz, no dead frets, no note choke, perfect intonation on open 12th fret and 12th fret harmonic. Harmonics ring out so nicely too!

I love playing it and if I can sell some other things that means I don't have to sell it then I won't but it's up for sale now anyway.

Collection is welcome, I live just off the toddington junction of the M1 or postage will be £15-£20.

Without bridge cover

With bridge cover

Body shot

Headstock

Neck plate 1

Neck plate 2

Back of body. Scratches don't show up much as you can see and a lot of it is actually reflections of my ceiling, not the scratches!

Pics up now!
Stevie[/s]

GOOOOOOOONE!

Edited by StevieD_FenderP2009