Why become a member? ×

soundtracks - live

RichF

I have a general love of soundtracks and indeed non-soundtracks that sound like soundtracks (thinking of Goldfrapp etc). I have also seen a couple of films played with live musical accompaniment including a version of 1922 Nosferatu. This totally blew me away. I then saw this recently featuring Hans Zimmer and Johnny Marr (starts properly at 7:30)

[media]http://youtu.be/DxdQH8RkcsI[/media]

Superb and something I would like to get into, odd as that seems given who I am and where I am, i.e., nobody, nowhere. Anyone out there involved in soundtracks and got any stories to tell, advice to give. I see that a local college does a music for films course. The live bit is extra I suppose to just scoring but still I think it's an interesting and underused multimedia experience. (hope this is OK in this forum?)

Edited by RichF

This is something I've wanted to do for a long time, specifically with silent films. Just never had the time to get it off the ground.
I saw The Kronos Quartet playing Glass' soundtrack to Dracula, but it didn't really work as the print of the film they used was in a bit of a state, the dialogue was very muffled.