Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender 'Cowpoke' Precision - needs some bits

ahpook

up for grabs here is my cowpoke precision, but it's missing something....can you see ?

yes, it has no electronics, and here's why...

when i first got the bass the active circuit was quite noisy, so with a bit of tinkering i managed to reduce that, but then it came back a year or so later, quickly followed by the circuit dying completely. so i took the active preamp out with the intention of wiring it as a passive p-bass.

but time passed and despite a couple of kludge-togethers i never really got round to finding the right-sized pots. the body is quite thick usual-sized CTS-style pots won't fit. alpha long bushing pots like artec use will tho.

i'm selling it as it is as the buyer might want to add a pickup switch (quite common with pacified cowpokes) or add different electronics to it. not much work it get it up and working again.

overall the condition is good - the main wear has been round the control cavity where the finish is quite badly chipped (see photo) and a rattly G-tuner that i'm sure would just need dismantling and shimming with some card to quiet it down

i'm selling the bass with the seymour duncan neck pickup i've added and the bridge pickup i bought it with (i think it's a kent armstrong) and also the black gotoh bridge.

£200

[b]this is collection only from tottenham or i can meet up within reasonable train/tube distance[/b], PM me if that's what you fancy. we'd also need to talk about a case, cos i really can't spare one !

Edited by ahpook

[quote name='Truckstop' timestamp='1349474755' post='1826997']
Is this MIM or MIJ/CIJ?

I've always loved the look of cowpokes but never been brave enough to buy one!

Cheers

Alex
[/quote]

made down mexico way.

it's a great player, just needs some suitable wiring.