Why become a member? ×

BASS PICKUPS- MM PICKUPS- GOING CHEAP! SEE FINAL POST!

Through my various recent dealings and upgradings and whatnot, i have ended up with 3 complete OLP musician style pickups, and 1 that has been split up, but should still be fully fuctional. 2 of these are the chinese made versions, which were on the chinese made basses, This includes the one that is split up. These worked fine last time i used them, and in the case of the split up one, the coils weren't potted, but the case was epoxy impregnated with a waxy type substance. this obviously came out when i took it apart, but i am fairly sure it could be potted in shellac, and this could possibly even help the sound of it.

The other 2 are complete, and actually still attached to my korean made OLP. They are fully functional. one has some rusty looking stuff on a few of the pole pieces, but this scrapes off quite easily, and doesn't effect the sound. This is something that EBMM mention about their own pickups, so it isn't down to them being more cost effective, it is just something that happens sometimes. also, all the pickups use ceramic magnets.

i haven't been able to upload photographs recently, but anyone interested should send me a message, or email me [email protected], and ill see what i can do for you :)

I won't accept anything less than £40 for the lot. i think that is fair, and it is my only price, so please, no offers.

Thanks. Any questions, please ask :)

JUST 2 OF THE OLP MUSICMAN PICKUPS LEFT. JAZZ PICKUPS HAVE BEEN SOLD.

Edited by MiltyG565

don't know that there is a huge difference if i'm honest. the korean made OLP's were better made, with better quality control and materials. the korean ones appear to be better made looking at the back of the pickup, but i have one price. wether this has a massive difference in the sound of the pickup, i actually don't know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...