Why become a member? ×

Yamaha SPX 90 mk II rack mount effects unit - WITHDRAWN

StevieD_FenderP2009

Haha I sold the GK amp about 2 months ago. Replaced it with a Sansamp for a dirty channel and a 31 band equaliser running in to a separate pre-amp for my cleans. 'tis why the Yamaha is up for sale. got a decent price for the GK to be fair. The guy gave me £300 for it (he offered that).

Bump for the Yamaha SPX 90II. Will probably accept close offers?

Fantastic effects unit for a steal - pay bazillions more for the equivalent in boutique, hand painted pedals with hand made capacitors rolled on the thighs of tahitian virgins and never notice the difference on stage.

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1350033102' post='1833683']
Fantastic effects unit for a steal - pay bazillions more for the equivalent in boutique, hand painted pedals with hand made capacitors rolled on the thighs of tahitian virgins and never notice the difference on stage.
[/quote]+1, mine is amazing.

[quote name='Clarky72' timestamp='1350031451' post='1833636']
Really? I love mine, but hey horses for courses...
[/quote]

There was something about it that was just, I don't know how to put it... It wasn't quite right. I'm very fussy. Plus the front mounted effects loop and fact it was an un-switchable effects loop annoyed me no end. The top mounted fan meant I had to leave a unit free to get air to it and I missed the growl from a valve driven pre amp like what was in the old Trace Elliot I had. That's why I'm using a Sansamp now. Groooooowl :P

[quote name='Kiwi' timestamp='1350033102' post='1833683']
[/quote]

You're dead right. I've just got a Boss CEB pedal now for chorus. I don't use chorus all that much now and the CEB was dead cheap so I just have that sitting there for the rare moments I do want to use some chorus.

PM's replied to cheers