Why become a member? ×

Indie IB200 Bass combo

Kevo

Hi Guys,
I am starting playing again after a very very long break, currently have a Laney Linebacker 80W (ok for practice), I just wondered if any of you are familiar with the [u][b]'Indie LB200 Bass Combo'[/b][/u], I have a chance of a very good deal on a brand new one but know nothing of them, nor can I find any info on Google, I'm told it far outweighs the Behringer BXL 1800 Ultrabass combo that I was originally looking at but would appreciate any feedback from any of you that know these amps.
P.S my Basses are an old Ibanez Blazer series (nice 70's sound) and an Epiphone EB3 SG Bass.
Cheers
Kevo

Thanks for the reply, apparently Indie Guitars got rave reviews but I can't find anything on Indie Amplifiers.
Budget is seriously limited, getting married next May, that and the holiday to Tenerife mean that herself sees absolutely no need for 'another bloody amplifier' :(

I had an Indie 100watt combo. It was cheap I think about £130 new. I wasn't gigging at the time so just needed something to make a noise. After a while it started to fart about so I thought about fitting a new speaker. Popped the old one out it was a cheap as chips no make 140watt @8ohms. I emailed indie guitars about what to replace it with and to be fair they did answer a couple of emails fairly quickly, first one stating they are all made in Korea so they had no information on the amps and he was waiting for a reply from his contact. Never heard from him again.

So in the end I cut off the speaker part and used the amp as a practice head. And it turns out when I pulled the amp chassis out it had 50 watt stamped all over the circuit board.
I wouldn't buy another as there is so much decent second hand stuff going around cheap.