Why become a member? ×

Hello all,nice to be here!

biskitbass

Hello all. My name is Graeme and I'm a bass player of some...oooo....embarrasingly 20 yrs. First took up keys then moved to bass when the bassist in the band went to Uni. I got into Rush and Yes with their signature bassists and sounds and I was hooked, totally! Since then I've been in loads'a bands, playin mixes of rock/pop/prog but I have to say I think Prog is my fav style. I am happy to say I get quite a few calls from various bands in Scotland looking for a bass-dep to help out at short notice to do the odd corporate show or wedding gig (if you've not tried the wedding scene I highly recommend it - what a hoot!!).
I'm currently in an original band (www.myspace.com/theconspiracycowboy) and a Prog covers band (www.myspace.com/jerusalemharpoon). My page is at www.myspace.com/biskitbass.
I play a Warwick Streamer Jazzman 5-string at the moment, through a Hartke 4x10 Transporter cab and Hartke 200W head. That's been my setup for many years now but, it's time for a change, I can feel it in my water (as my dear ole mum used to say :-)).
The Warwick will be staying but the amp/cab setup will be changing. I'm looking at Thunderfunk stuff right now and DR Bass cabs (courtesy of Robbie's damn good website) and also maybe Bergantino cabs.
I'm avidly reading reviews by you guys to help me make my decisions, thankyou for helping in that respect. I'll keep you posted.
That's all for now - thank GOD I hear you say.
Hey I'm a sales rep by day, we're renowned for talking on and on and on and...........
Peace!
G
PS Once I work out how to get some gear shots in I'll post them soon.

[quote name='cris the man' post='192050' date='May 5 2008, 09:13 AM']welcome

ill take it you've heard about yes doing a tour
ill see you there :)[/quote]

...'Yes' I have, oh I'll be there !
Cheers all for the welcome :-) Makes me feel all cosy inside LOL.
G
PS If anyone is around Glasgow south side this coming Friday I'm gigging 'prog-style' in Sammy Dows, Nithsdale Rd, Glasgow. 9pm start.