Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Geddy Flamenco Precision Shock!!

Conan

Interesting pice of video evidence that would appear to disprove the theory that Geddy Lee only fairly recently developed his "flamenco" technique....

(Also notice how similar to his "Rickenbacker tone" he sounds with this P bass).

Watch/listen from 3:40.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB6sRQQBH6E&feature=related[/media]

Edited by Conan

Fascinating stuff for the disciples of the Gedmeister! You're right about how Rick-like he gets his P bass to sound, but I have often had the idle thought whilst playing my Precision that the pickup is in the same position' more or less, as the rear pickup on a Rickenbacker, and have myself experimented with trying to get that cutting growl that we all know and love. This is an amazing clip for a number of reasons, not least of all because it shows that they were already superb musicians (and a hard rocking band) by this time . You can see they were something special , even back then. Lets face it, you have to be something special to pull of wearing an outfit like Geddy Lee is wearing in this video clip, even in 1974.