Why become a member? ×

A late hello

Themrperson

I totally forgot about saying hello when I joined this forum as when I first joined I only joined to get advice on my first bass and I barely used it until a few months ago but I have had my bass for under a year now as I had a few problems with it. But anyway I am a 16 year old and I like to play most things really.

I most style with my mate but we like to play A Day To Remember, The Blackout and Enter Shikari but we like to keep fresh so we play anything from pop-punk (e.g. Blink-182 and Greenday) to deathcore (e.g. Asking Alexandria and Bring Me The Horizon) but I personally love play stuff like Muse as its not as simple as the same thing simple thing repeated over and over again like Blink-182. I'm also in a band with my mates but we have only played together like a few times because the only place we can practice is the school but we are soon going to think about meeting at other places soon.

My gear to pretty bad to be honest is pretty bad though I have a crappy bass guitar by a company called Marlin and I don't even know the model and I can't check as it doesn't a serial number anywhere and the only thing I found out about the company is that they are based in Cardiff and that is it but I do hope to own something a Squier Vintage Modified Jazz bass eventually. My bass amp is a 20watt stagg practice amp which is not the best but it will make do but I have a 10watt portable VOX amp which I used for practice at my mates and have a few features.

However the reason I started to pick up the bass was because I wanted to be in a band (which I'm kinda ashamed of really as it was the right reasons) and when no one else really took it seriously I slowly began to let it sit in my room until one day I decided to pick it up because I was bored and my mum had put in a rule that only allowed my do something that is intellectual so I one day I didn't have any work so I picked it up to see what I remembered and I picked it up the next and after a few days I even decided not to play skyrim but my bass instead when I could and I have never really looked back since. Now I consider my self to be the bass player in my year (maybe the school) mainly because I'm the only person to play seriously XD As other bassists in my school actually play guitar as their first choice and there is only like 5 of them anyway. But I did know one kid who was really good at the bass but his left our school.

So that's me and about my bass

Hey Themrperson,

Welcome to BC, belatedly.
It was great reading your story, and as you already will know, people will be standing in line to help you progress. Be aware though when writing your bass is "crap". Before you know it, people will wanna set it up for you at your home, and they'll be asking for your address, not even realising this sometimes is not appropriate. :lol: ;)

Anyway, kudos for joining, and don't be a stranger,

best,
bert