Why become a member? ×

Classical music and the Double Bass

FLoydElgar

I'd like to share pieces of music that I find interesting... Once you've seen the videos; I'd like to see some comments on how the music may have effected your emotion in anyway!?!

Links in comment box below.

[color=#ff0000][b]* edit *[/b][/color] When you post a comment could you please add your feelings/emotions/ideas with a time frame from the videos posted! ie. ...Giovanni Bottesini... 4: 21 (a sense of sadness) - 5: 06 (rejuvenated) somehting like that! type anything! Its your feelings! I'm just interested in hearing them!

Hope you enjoy the music.

Please comment and share any music that may be of any interest to you... Any genre welcome!

Floyd E = )

Edited by FLoydElgar

[quote name='MandShef' timestamp='1347901134' post='1806406'] What emotion? Pure envy!! I wish I could play so beautifully - especially Rinat Ibragimov on his 3-string bass :) [/quote]

Couldn't agree more. He plays the DB with a grace more remeniscent of smaller instruments.

Thank you for posting these, a real pleasure to hear.

I'm glad this had a great response! Rinat is a very special musician! He has captured the piece and executed it with so much grace. You actually forget how dexterous you have to be to play these pieces! let alone play with spectacular intonation and musicality!

Here is a full concert of Duncan Mctier! He is an absolute delight to listen to!
His performance of Rachmaninov's Vocalise is just epic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5x-_EiW2BZs

[quote name='FLoydElgar' timestamp='1347924856' post='1806848']
@Hector A massive fan of Edgar Meyer

His playing is spectacular!!!! Listen out for the Solo's they do its awesome!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j526fXDhBLc[/media]
[/quote]

Yeah! I was gonna post that track, but wasn't sure it strictly counted with the classical vibe of this thread. Edgar's solo entry makes the hairs stand up on the back of my neck.