Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Vintage Rickenbacker 4001

vintage

Legendary Rickenbacker bass model made famous by Paul McCartney, John Entwistle, Roger Waters, Bruce Foxton, Lemmy and many others.

This 4001 has a stereo output and a a subtle red fireglo finish (darker on the outside than the inside) with white edges. The neck is perfectly straight, no fret wear. It was manufactured in August of 1978 and has been serviced. Because someone made fun of this - it was at the House Of Music (next to Oxford Street station) in Manchester.

[url="http://img341.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img341/3554/1350054577k3i.smil"]http://img341.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img341/3554/1350054577k3i.smil[/url]

£1,490 Based in the West Midlands but flexible.

Edited by vintage

• 4 weeks later...

As per another thread, it might help your sale if you had some higher quality pictures including close-ups plus a bit of background on the bass etc. Looks a very nice Ric although it might be an idea to double-check previous sale prices on 4001's to see if you are in the right ballpark (this is not a comment on the price, merely a constructive bit of advice to help you maximise your chances of selling). Best of luck with the sale and consider this a bump from me!

Edited by Clarky

(don't be offended but everyone here knows who played and plays Rickenbackers)
Some BCers could even tell you the name of the worker who sanded your instrument, providing a serial number :P
And since we are a bunch of inquisitive old hags we want to know for sure what you mean with "the bass hes been serviced" :)

Edited by ialma

[quote name='ialma' timestamp='1349906327' post='1832232']
(don't be offended but everyone here knows who played and plays Rickenbackers)
Some BCers could even tell you the name of the worker who sanded your instrument, providing a serial number :P
And since we are a bunch of inquisitive old hags we want to know for sure what you mean with "the bass hes been serviced" :)
[/quote]

In which case you can always ask. The only PMs I get is from Lithuanians. Anyway, I do not want to give the serial number here because someone is gonna put a fake number on a recently made Chinese fake.

Best,
Andrew

Have a bump, bass looks great. Good price for a '78 too.

The Musicman database site publishes serial numbers of thousands of basses (it has mine, I sent it to him). I imagine some Chinese people could have a field day if there's something similar for Ricks, if that's the sort of thing they do.

You may be interested in a thread I started to try and unravel the secrets of Ricks. Fascinating basses, I now know a lot more about them!
http://basschat.co.uk/topic/187363-horseshoes-toasters-ashtrays-is-this-a-bass-or-a-hardware-shop-calling-ricksperts/

Be patient, someone will come along who can actually buy this.

• 5 months later...